Because of the overwhelming interest in how I cook my scallops the other day here is the promised recipe!
- 2 lbs. Dorr Lobster sea scallops
- 1 lb. Bacon strips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Maine Seal Salt
- Dash of pepper
- Place bacon on a non greased 15×10 baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked and lightly browned. Drain grease!
- Wrap each strip of bacon around a scallop; secure with toothpicks. I used half a strip per scallop.
- Place the scallops back on baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until firm and opaque.
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; about 8 minutes. Stir in the mustard, syrup, sea salt and a dash of pepper. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour cream sauce over scallops. Or if not everyone likes the cream sauce you can serve it on the side.